Sponsorships are used to maintain and enhance the University of Ballarat's corporate image and identify its role as a good corporate citizen. Limited funds are made available annually for this purpose.
The University receives many requests for sponsorship, support, prizes and assistance from a wide variety of organisations, schools, community groups and individuals. While we would like to help everybody, we are unable to proceed with requests that do not fit within our sponsorship objectives. In addition, budgetary constraints can limit our involvement with sponsorships.
While we are always open to requests for sponsorship, please bear in mind that we may not always be able to help.
Proposals that are clear, concise and well researched make it easier for the sponsorship team to consider. Please carefully read the following information below.
Evaluation of your application
The University will evaluate all sponsorship proposals on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration the following criteria:
- Alignment with the University's values and our community focus. This information can be found in the University Charter (pdf, 600kb).
- Demonstrated tangible benefits to the University and the community
- The University's existing sponsorship commitments
- Achieving balance and variety in the types of sponsorship applications we approve
- Available budget and financial allocation
Guidelines to take into consideration
- While we are always open to all types sponsorship requests, applications that reflect the core activities and purpose of the University of Ballarat i.e. education, research and community engagement may be given higher priority
- The over-arching principle guiding decision-making in relation to requests for sponsorship must be that of mutual benefit. That is, there must be clear benefits both to the sponsorship seeker and to University as a sponsor
- Servicing of a sponsorship should not require the significant use of staff time and University resources
- Requests for renewal cannot be guaranteed and require the applicant to re-submit an application
Applications that will not be sponsored
- Repeat requests for sponsorship (for example an annual event). The University endeavours to support new ventures and community events
- Sponsorship that conflicts with, or is too similar to an existing University sponsorship
- Retrospective sponsorship of any project, event or organisation
- Specific activities or events run by Schools or Sections within the University - these should be the subject of funding proposals as part of the University's own internal budgetary process
- From organisations having no direct association with Ballarat, Horsham, Stawell or Ararat or the central and western Victorian regions, because they would not generally meet the mutual benefit principle
- Requests for sponsorship by individuals participating in a group activity, on the grounds that this may discriminate against others within the group
- Requests not aligned with core educational values and functions of the University
- Individuals seeking support or raising money
- Fundraising organisations or aid appeals
- Sponsorship arrangements with the University that require product endorsements
- Sponsorship and/or signage that in any way conflicts with the images, reputation or the good name of the University
- Sponsorship that conflicts with the University policies or principles or with existing sponsorship arrangements
- Proposals linked to tobacco, alcohol or other products which could prove controversial or divisive
All sponsorship applications must complete the Sponsorship Application Form
Please refer to the University Sponsorship Policy for full details.
If you have a question and it has not been answered please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions or contact Public Relations email@example.com