Here are a few things to consider when you are thinking about changing your preferences:
- Now that you know your ATAR, you can be more realistic about your choices. You may have received a better result than you expected; in which case you may decide to add a new program(s) to your preference list. Or perhaps you didn't do quite as well as you'd hoped; in this case you may decide to remove a program(s) from your preference list and replace them with more appropriate choices.
- List the programs in the order that you wish to study them. You should only apply for programs you are interested in, motivated to study, and believe you can do well at.
- If you add a new program, don't forget that you must have completed the prerequisite subjects and met any extra requirements. In some cases it is not possible to add a program at Change of Preference time.
- Seek advice - go to the institution you are considering and have a look at the facilities; speak to the students and staff.
- If you're having trouble deciding on your preferences, speak to your careers teachers, friends, your parents, and past students who have studied in an area in which you're interested.
- Apply for accommodation at a number of different institutions - who knows which institutions will offer you a place? On-campus accommodation fills up very quickly and you don't want to miss out.
- If you're not sure about your choice, or if you need further information, please call the University of Ballarat Infoline on 1800 811 711.